Party of 4 - NY sports and beach loving family!

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Not quite prepared

Tonight is the Somerset County Scholar athlete dinner at the DoubleTree hotel. I have gone with Steve almost every year that he's been coaching. Originally he told me that I was invited again this year, but last week he was informed that there were not enough tickets. So, when I got dressed and came to work this morning, I had NO intention of going to the dinner. Well, at about 8:30 am Steve called to tell me that the Principal found me a ticket. I called my Mom to see if she could stay with the kids and of course she said 'No Problem'. My dilemma: I had nothing but the clothes on my back to wear. Next time I talked to Steve, I told him I would attend but that I had to do so in my work clothes. He assured me that it was fine. I mean, I did have on black pants, a black button down shirt and black shoes. Not horrible, but nothing special either. My plan is to do a little window shopping before heading over to the hotel which is around the corner from my office. I am glad I get to spend the evening with Steve because tomorrow night is his first 2:30 pm to 10:30 pm shift!

1 comment:

MaryBeth said...

Hope you guys enjoyed your evening out!