Party of 4 - NY sports and beach loving family!

Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Ava takes a tumble

down a flight of stairs! Don't ask me to explain why I could not stop it, cause I can't. One minute I am putting the towels away and the next minute I am running down the stairs to get to Ava. I even watched it happen in what seeemed like slow motion, but could not get to her. The weird part was that she did not fall head over feet. She actually fell sideways, which I think was a better way to go. She also did it slow enough (if that is even possible to imagine) that she never smacked her head or face. When I finally got to her, she was crying (thank God) as was I and I was shaking. I got her to calm down and then she was out of it. She had her eyes open, but she was pale and very sleepy. I thought I needed to call the peds office, so I did and got a nurse. She told me to take Ava to the ER to get her checked out. I packed the kids in the car and drove to the hospital. It was a complete ordeal to park and get to the ER, but we did. After signing in, they had us wait in the peds ER waiting room, which meant toys. I gave strict instructions to David that there will be NO playing with germ infested toys. He was pissed, but I could not care. Steve showed up about 1/2 hour after we got there. We waited a long while before even seeing the triage nurse. She took Ava's temp, BP and pulse - all were good. Back to the waiting room we went. By this time, Ava was back to her old self and did not want to wait anymore. Plus, everyone was starving. We finally get called in to be examined but there are no rooms, so we were in the 'hallway' by the nurses station. Ava is all over the nurses station - pushing buttons, trying to use the phone, picking up charts - crazy. The nurse checks in with us and tell us the Dr. should be over soon. When the Dr. finally arrives, he asks me a few questions, checks Ava's ears and tells us she is fine. 15 minutes later we are discharged. I was very glad to know she was fine. It was a scary turn of events. My poor little girl.

2 comments:

MaryBeth said...

Oh how scary! Glad to hear that she is okay and that you survived the ER!!

eyes_only4him said...

Wow, im glad she is ok...

thats scary shit, when my boo was 14 months old she went down my basement steps..I didnt see it, just heard it..haha