Party of 4 - NY sports and beach loving family!

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Our New Pet?

Well sort of. A few weeks ago we noticed a kitten under our kitchen in the evening. He was not there EVERY night, but on Saturday when we got home, he was around. David and Ava took an immediate liking to him. We let them 'play' with him and Steve gave him some milk and a garlic knot. Once he finished his milk, we made the kids come inside and get ready for bed. Well, the next thing I know, David is crying. He is sad for the kitten. He does not like that the kitten does not have a family, so I told him that when the kitten is around, we could be his family. However, I had to explain to him that he can NOT come in the house due to Steve and David's allergies. He understood and asked me to take him to the store on Sunday for cat food. I agreed. Sure enough, Sunday we hit up the A & P and picked up cat food and treats. David could not WAIT to get home and feed him. The kitten came around that evening and David fed him and gave him water. Well - the kitten HAS NOT LEFT SINCE! He was around all day Monday & Tuesday. When my Dad showed up to pick up my Mom, David and Ava were so excited to show him the 'kitty'. As much as David LOVES the kitten, so does Ava. She walks around saying 'kitty kitty' and even makes the psss sound to get him to come to her. They both play with him in the backyard and chase him all over. It is really cute. I am not sure how long the kitten will come around, but for now, he's part of the family.

3 comments:

andrewnamy said...

that is the best blog post i have read. animals are so great.

MomMom&Gramps said...

Ava was actually jumping up and down at the back door waiting for me to go outside with her and David to see the "kitty"

Corey~living and loving said...

oooo I see you started something. :)

and did you know that most people are NOT allergic to kittens. So you have awhile before the itches begin. wink wink....