Party of 4 - NY sports and beach loving family!

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Bad start, better ending

Boy - was I grumpy this morning. I walked again - YEAH for ME, but I was not as happy and energized by it as I was Monday. Don't get me wrong, I was happy that I got up and did it, but it did not help my mood. By the end of the work day, I felt better. While I was reading from my blog list, I was asked by DoaMM how I was going to celebrate Earth Day. To be completely honest, I did not realize it was Earth Day until reading her blog. As I get ready in the morning, I have no contact with the outside world or I would run late. On my way to work I listen to Howard and he was not talking about Earth Day (as you can imagine). So, when I read her question, I felt inspired to do something. When I got home, I packed up the diaper bag with some snacks and the car with some games and the kids and drove over to the Rutgers Gardens. I layed out a blanket and we enjoyed our snacks and talked about what we saw and heard. David hit some baseballs around and Ava did a lot of discovering. I found out how much my daughter is like me. She HATED the grass touching her feet. That is SO me. Give me beach sand over grass ANY DAY. Unfortunately, this killed my plan for a walk around the garden, but it all worked out as it was starting to get chilly. We packed the car back up and I drove them over to another area of the Gardens to see the dogs. I think we all really enjoyed our Earth Day. Thank you DoaMM for the idea!

3 comments:

AndreAnna said...

Oh yay! So glad you enjoyed the day. Sounds like you had a wonderful afternoon.

Corey~living and loving said...

I am so glad the day ended well. :) sounds like a great earth day.

gina said...

Sounds like a nice afternoon- and i'm with you on the grass touching your feet thing. :)

side note-one of the beaches we go to when we are in Florida is Siesta Key Beach and the sand is like powdered sugar- I love walking in it!