Party of 4 - NY sports and beach loving family!

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Have to do this more often

We helped Steve's Aunt Dottie and Uncle Walter celebrate their 60th wedding anniversary this afternoon. It started with a mass at St. Mary's church in Dumont where they renewed their vows. The priest had all their children and grandchildren join them at the alter during the prayer - it was a very nice event. After church they had about 60 people back at thier house for some food and fun. Now even though this side of Steve's family lives in NJ, they are about an hour away (without traffic) so we do not see them often at all. It was so nice to spend some time with them. He has so many cousins - I could not keep track! It made his Aunt and Uncle very happy that Steve's parents, Tracey and her family and Steve and his family could celebrate with them. The only problem with the whole day, was they had a cat and Steve and David were a mess! Steve's asthma was real bad and David had welts on his head. We left about 3 pm and walked out with Tracey and Rich. Once we got on the road, Steve asked me if I wanted to meet up with Tracey and Rich for dinner, so I called Tray. We decided to meet up at Houlihan's for a bite to eat. I think it was the best part of the day. We never get to do things like this with them because we live so far and have so much stuff going on. I'd love to do things like that with them more often. I have to say, I really had a great time today.

1 comment:

Corey~living and loving said...

HI! seems like you have been a bit busy. I am suffering from severe computer issues, so I have been a bit GONE. sorry.