Party of 4 - NY sports and beach loving family!

Saturday, April 19, 2008

It's a beautiful day

The kids and I had a really great day today. I started my morning with a pedicure and even though I had to drag the kids along, I enjoyed it. They were actually pretty well behaved. On our way to the shore, I stopped at my favorite mall - The Shoppes at Old Bridge - to pick up something to wear to dinner tonight. There were a pair of clam digger jeans that NY & Co. had on their website that I HAD TO HAVE. Of course, I found a bunch of other items to purchase as well. From there, I stopped in GAP Kids/Baby GAP. I wanted to get Ava a pair of flip flops with the strap that holds them on. She has 'fake crocs' that are giving her a blister. Again, I found way more than I was looking for. Instead of the flip flops (they did not have her size) I got her 2 pairs of jelly sandals. To die for. All the clothes I picked up were on sale, can't beat it. Now we were ready for the beach. We drove to my parents, picked them up and went to lunch at The Breaker's. After our bellies were full we walked across the street to the beach. This was Ava's first time at the beach since she could walk. When I first put her down, she was not too sure, but she soon warmed up to it. My parents brought the sand toys and the kids played and played. David and I walked to the water. It was so calm and peaceful but REALLY COLD. David put his feet in, I could not. Once we left the beach, my Mom, Ava and I dropped off the boys and went dress shopping in Sea Girt. My Mom has a wedding to go to and was having a hard time finding something. I peaked in the GAP while she was at Coldwater Creek (not my cup of tea) and came out with 2 shirts, a pair on jeans and a dress! ALL ON SALE. My Mom did get a nice dress at Talbot's. Back at my parents, I showered and got ready to meet up with our friends for dinner. We met Matt & Kerry at Craig's in Brick. Dinner was delicious and the company was great. I had 2 more margaritas than I should, but what the hell - it was fun. I look forward to meeting up with them again soon.

Here are some pictures from the beach:

3 comments:

gina said...

Sounds and looks like the perfect Spring day!! I live for days like that!

MaryBeth said...

The beach looks like lots of fun! I don't remember the last time I set foot on the sand...

AndreAnna said...

You were right in my neck of the woods! We could have met up with you. Oh, wait. My alien kid hates the beach.

Makes me so sad. :(