Party of 4 - NY sports and beach loving family!

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Maybe it's a sign

I have always been one to try to do too much at one time. Until recently, I have always been able to have more than 3 things on my plate and not have any issues. Lately I have been feeling like I can not do it anymore, but yet I still attempt to. Tonight has caused me to realize that I need to slow down. After I made 2 CM deliveries the kids and I came home and I started to clean the house. The house needed to be cleaned and my Mom was hosting a play date tomorrow. I started by vacuuming the rugs and sweeping the hard wood floors - all while making dinner for the kids and feeding them. Next I hand washed the kitchen floor and moved on to dusting. By this time, Steve had gotten home and took the kids with him to drop of his truck to the dealer (whole nother story). Another CM customer called to see if she could drop by and pick up some tape runner refill so I went and got that together. Steve and the kids came home just as my customer arrived. I went outside to talk to her and give her the product all the while listening to Ava cry. When I came back inside, I took the kids upstairs to get their PJ's on. On our way back down stairs, I tripped over David with Ava in my right arm and started to fall head first down the stairs. My instinct was not to let Ava get hurt, so I grabbed the wall column with my left arm and the next thing I knew, Ava and I were on the ground and I was in A LOT of pain. Ava was fine...just scared. I could not move. I was not sure what hurt the most - my arm, my knee, my toe or my ass. Steve took Ava and calmed her down while I hobbled over to the couch. I realized that most of the pain was in my toe. Steve got me some ice, but that even hurt. David sat with me and to make me feel better - he even lent me his puppy for comfort. Steve had to put Ava to bed for me - I could not make it back up the stairs. We came to the conclusion that my toe is probably broken and I am going to be VERY sore. I am not looking forward to how I am going to feel in the morning. The only good that came out of this, is that I know that I need to slow down and not try to be SuperMom - I finally realize that now. Too bad it took PAIN to get me there.

3 comments:

Corey~living and loving said...

oh dear me. I hope you are okay. It really sounded like you were rockin it.

Isn't falling while holding a child the scariest thing ever? I did once when Sugar alittle over a year old, I twist around and landed on the hard ground as to save her from getting hurt as well. I twisted my ankle so back I almost blacked out. It was so horrible. I was home alone...laying in the gravel at the bottom of our stairs with Sugar sitting on top of me. It took me FOREVER to hobble to my truck. ugh........
sorry for the novel...it just reminded me of that story.

beach mama said...

OMG! I hope your toe is better! Take some Advil so you aren't too sore. Thank goodness Ava is ok. That's scary. It's amazing how the instinct kicks in in a millisecond to not fall on the baby.

gina said...

ouch. so glad it wasn't worse. sometimes it is so hard to slow down or say no to something- but is so worth it sometimes. :)