Party of 4 - NY sports and beach loving family!

Monday, April 21, 2008

No loss, but no gain

This morning was weigh in. I did not lose any weight, but I did not gain any either. I should count my lucky stars too that I did not gain. I had all good intensions on Saturday night when going to dinner, but after 3 margaritas I was STARVING and had a HUGE dinner complete with appetizer - YIKES! So, one meal off the wagon is not too bad - right? Well, when I woke up Sunday with a hangover, the english muffin I ate did not cut it. We drove thru Mickey D's and I had a hash brown and bacon, egg & cheese mc muffin. I did not stop there. Seeing as how I blew my diet, I continued at dinner. We took the kids to ShoGun for hibachi. I had the steak, chicken and shrimp dinner. It was absolutely delicious! Due to this, I decided to up the ante. I woke up at 5:30 am and got my lazy ass on the treadmill for 30 minutes. I walked 1.75 mi - not too bad. I have to admit...it felt pretty good. So, not only am I going to stick with my diet, I will walk on the treadmill each morning. I hope to have some better results by next Monday.

4 comments:

gina said...

Mickey D's and I had a hash brown and bacon, egg & cheese mc muffin.- that is the ULTIMATE hangover cure, universally, I think. :) Don't think of it as "blowing your diet". You make choices every day to eat better. You do what you have to do to live life and in the end it will all work out- if you weren't aware of what you were doing you'd be gaining...this has to be doable forever, which means being flexible.

beach mama said...

Good for you getting on the treadmill!! Keep up the good work. And don't worry too much about the food, as long as you are active it's all good to 'cheat' every once in a while.

And great pics on the last 2 posts. Was that Gieck Park in Old Bridge? I've been there! It looks like it.

AndreAnna said...

Holy crap, woman! If you could eat all that and not gain anything, you are doing something right! I gained three pounds just reading it!

Sugar free chocolate pudding with cool whip folded in was my diet secret.

Corey~living and loving said...

glad you didn't gain. You'll have to try to extra special good this week to make up for it. It might sneak in on you this week if you aren't careful.

sounds like you had a nice weekend though. :)