Party of 4 - NY sports and beach loving family!

Friday, February 29, 2008

Must PAY the tax man

I hit H&R Block last night to get our taxes done. I did not want to do them myself again this year due to my Creative Memories business. I thought I brought everything I needed with me - BOY was I wrong. After we got most of he info entered, I had to run home to pick up a few more pieces of info. When I returned we were able to complete the paperwork and that is when I found out that we owe over $500 to The State of New Jersey. I was PISSED. For some reason Steve's work does not take enough NJ taxes out on him. He WILL be figuring this out when he is back at work. We're getting a decent amount back from Federal, but a good chunk will be sent to NJ. Did I mention I was PISSED?

3 comments:

eyes_only4him said...

Oh boy do I feel your pain..

See back in the homeland we have our house we still own, so we rent it out for now until it sells..

soooo...because of the rent, for the last 2 years we have had to pay the state of MN 4,000 two years in a row..

bastards.

Laney said...

Gah!

I feel your pain.

Anonymous said...

That Su...stinks! This is the first year of John owning his own business and instead of getting a refund we ended up having to pay almost $10,000 combined. Needless to say, we will be paying into our estimated 2008 taxes quarterly this year. :)