Party of 4 - NY sports and beach loving family!

Saturday, February 09, 2008

Social Life

Steve had to be at the school this morning to represent the highschool baseball team during an Open House event. He decided to bring David along. Ava and I met up with them as we all had a birthday party to attend that afternoon near by. When Ava and I arrived, Steve and David greeted us. Steve took Ava to show her off and David took me over to where he was playing. He was right smack in the middle of all the highschool kids playing soccer, Wii and skeeball. I could not get over watching him. I was cracking up at his facial expressions and so proud that he was so confident in himself at the same time. He looked so small compared to them, but yet so grown up playing with them. Before long, it was time to leave for the birthday party. We were off to Chuck E. Cheese.

I am sure I do NOT have to tell you how busy Chuck E. Cheese was this afternoon. There was actually a LINE to get in. Once we got in, the place was a ZOO! There must have been 6 birthday parties and then of course the off the street folk. The kids played for a bit, ate some pizza, sang Happy Birthday, played a little more and we were outta there. Steve had to get back to work - and that was fine by me :)

We dropped Steve off at work and headed back home. Aside from almost killing a run away pit bull, we made it home fine (don't ask). Ava napped in the car, which ruined my chances of taking a nap myself and I really could have used one. The kids played nice while I relaxed on the couch. Once Steve got home, we cooked dinner. Pretty boring being parents...it's the kids that have the social life!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Pretty boring being parents...it's the kids that have the social life!"- a truer line has never been typed! Enjoy the rest of your week!