Party of 4 - NY sports and beach loving family!

Monday, February 11, 2008

Coldest day of the year

Today HAS to be the coldest day of this year and probably of this winter season. When I stepped outside to go to work this morning, I could barely breathe. So, what happens at 11 am this morning on this, the coldest day of the year? You could never have guessed that the fire alarm in our building goes off! We all thought it HAD to be a joke. Who would test the fire alarms on the friggin coldest day of the friggin year? Well, it turns out...it was NOT a test or a joke. A transformer blew up on our block and the building had to be evacuated. Most of us went over to the local pizzeria for lunch to see what was going to happen next. When we got back to the office, we were told to go home. There was no power to the building and wouldn't be for a while. You do not have to tell me twice to go home, so I got in my car and hit the road. Crazy Monday!

2 comments:

Laney said...

It was 71 and sunny here today. :-)

I do not miss that biting cold weather. Sorry you got stuck in it.

cdf said...

I went home that day and took a nice nap before I went to pick up the girls. :-)