Party of 4 - NY sports and beach loving family!

Friday, February 15, 2008

Could have used a Margarita!

Yesterday morning I had an MRI and an MRA at the local Radiology Group. 1 hour before the test, I took 1 valium. I felt spacey, but not necessarily calm. I tried to tell myself that I could get through the tests and to remember that Steve was there with me and all would be alright. When we arrived at the facility, I registered and Steve filled out the paperwork (my mind was elsewhere). Before long we were called to the back by a very nice tech. She started explaining the procedure to me and asked a few more questions. She showed me to a locker where I placed my purse & jacket. She asked me to sign a form for the contrast dye that would be administered through an IV and I almost fainted. IV? Me? Oh no! So, she got me a glass of water so I could take my 2nd valium. Luckily, the nurse and the tech were extremely sweet and calming, so before I knew it, I had an IV. Things seemed to happen very quickly and the next thing I knew I was laying in the machine. Still, I did not feel calm. I was nervous and just praying that I would not have a panic attack. I closed my eyes and I felt the machine move me through the tube. The tech would talk to me from time to time and let me know what to expect - noise, length of scan, etc. I kept my eyes closed the entire hour and kept thinking of palm trees, our trip to Disney and Cancun. My arm hurt a bit when the dye started to be pushed through, but it soon subsided. When I heard the tech say " You're done" - I wanted to cry. I could not believe I did it. I finished the test and did not have an attack. Steve was there to help me to my feet and tell me he was proud of me. I have to admit, I was proud of myself. And I was starving...so Steve took me to IHOP for breakfast. I wanted to order a margarita, but instead had a cup of hot cocoa with whipped cream!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

{{hugs}}
Chocolate is a mom's next best thing to boose! ;)

Hope these tests help find a way to the end of your suffering.

erin said...

wow, glad the tests went okay for you! Hope they figure something out for you to help you feel better :)

eyes_only4him said...

I hate IV's too...I make them numb the area b4 they do em...im a baby.