Party of 4 - NY sports and beach loving family!

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Weekend Wrap Up

Friday night we got a sitter for the kids and met Laurie and Walter for dinner at Bensi. This was our 3rd visit to the restaurant but the 1st time we've had to wait. Laurie and Walter were in the bar when we arrived. We did not have to wait long before they came to seat us. Dinner was great. We shared the Bensi salad for appetizer. Steve had veal parm, Walt had chicken parm, Laurie had linguine and I had stuffed shrimp. Each of us were satisfied with our meals but still had room for dessert :) Steve and I really enjoy being with Laurie and Walt. We always leave with pain in our face from laughing. I think we should make this a monthly outing! The babysitter made out well with the kids. This was the first time we used her and I will use her again for sure.

Saturday evening we ate dinner at Salsarita's. We've taken the kids here before and I've eaten here about 4 times. I shared my tacos with Ava - boy can she eat. David ordered a kids meal and barely had 2 bites. Ava ended up eating all the chicken from his taco. Steve had a HUGE burrito. Of course the meal came complete with David spilling his drink all over the floor, himself and me. Lovely.

Today we did not do much. Steve and David played My Sims on Wii while I got my CM finances in order for tax season. Ava was a good girl. She took a few naps and ate like a queen. She played real nice by herself, with me and with David. She is really funny. It amazes me the changes I see in her everyday. In the afternoon I had to run some errands so the kids would have milk and other items for the week. I made a pot roast in the croc pot for dinner and Steve thought I did a good job. He even noticed that I did not burn the bottom of the rolls! Once I finally got the guys to stop playing Wii, we watched the Grand Finale of American Gladiators. It is not a favorite of Steve or I, but David loves it. I will admit I was happy with the winners.
Now - bedtime...finally!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hugs for sissie- aw!

erin said...

man I have gotta get a wii!!!!