Party of 4 - NY sports and beach loving family!

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Why do we live here?

That was the question I asked Steve this morning on our way to work. Normally, we do not drive to work together...but I picked him up after he got out yesterday so we could visit Jen and the baby. When we left the hospital, I was too tired to drive home by myself, so we decided to leave his truck at work and that I would go in early today to drop him off before coming to my office. It worked out nicely. Anyway, back to my point. It is SO friggin' cold outside. The wind is blowing all over the place. The sun is barely up in the morning, so I have to know, WHY do we live in such a state? If you think about it, we really only have warm weather 3 1/2 months out of 12 - that just does not cut it for me. See warm to me is 85 and above. I am cold at 80 and under. I am talking sweatshirt. I want to be in a tank top and capris ALL THE TIME. No more gloves, scarves, coats or boots. I mean, every morning I get all bundled up to sit in a freezing cold car. Then I get to work only to have to turn on my space heater. Only to turn back around at 4 pm and do it again. I can never get warm. I also mentioned to poor hubby that I might be OK with the damn cold if I could get some enjoyment out of it - like snow. But no. Instead, it's just cold. cold. cold.

***side note: Baby Ryan is adorable. I got to hold him. He is super tiny and perfect. Jen looks great and is very happy. Mark was home, so I did not get to see him, but hope to soon. Jen's Mom was there and she is on cloud 9!

5 comments:

andrewnamy said...

i know why you live there... everyone that is important is there...all of our family and friends. i wish i could move home... i would take the cold over not seeing david, ava, lizzie and everyone else anyday. capris and flip flops everyday gets boring.

mkenny59 said...

you know where to find me.

Laney said...

There's a house for sale right down the street from me. Inground pool, 4 bedrooms, remodeled kitchen, lovely landscaping...

:-)

gina said...

I am with you on that!!! I am t6oo old for cold weather. I used to love it when I was young and "played" outside- skiing, sledding, etc. but now- NOPE. I'm over winter. The only thing that has kept me here thus far is the fact my two oldest daughters' father lives here. BUT they are almost old enough to fly solo for visits- I'm thinking when they are both in their teens then maybe just maybe!!! I've been watching all the fans hitting arizona with their sweatshirts on and I'm JEALOUS!!!

MomMom&Gramps said...

Hey! There are some great homes in Tradition, Fl. As soon as you want to go, your "baby sitter and her husband" will follow.