Party of 4 - NY sports and beach loving family!

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

The good & the bad

I have a little of both types of news. I'll begin with the bad so I can end on a high note. We were informed last night that we need to put our dog Zach to sleep. He has 2 tumors is his mouth and he is wasting away to nothing. He was once 85 lbs and is down to almost 50 lbs. He is constantly drooling blood and is so NOT himself. I will say, that he had a LONG life. He is a boxer and their life expectancy is about 9 years and he is 11 1/2 years old. Up until about November, he still acted like a puppy - jumping, licking and following you around. You could really see his decline. We have decided to put him down sometime next week. Steve and I are pretty sad. Even more sad than I thought I would be, but we know it's time and know we are doing the right thing.

Now on to happier gooder (as David would say) news. David slept in his OWN bed ALL night! He told me as he was eating his dinner (banana) that he was going to sleep in his bed and he did it! I had such a better nights sleep because of it too...
If he would just go to sleep at 8 pm instead of 10 pm, I'd be all set.

Yankees Fantasy Camp Report:
Rich text pix me a photo of Homer Bush's World Series Ring - too cool!

I am thinking about hiring The Tatooed Mama to create me a new Blog template....any thoughts?
I visited Mrs. Parker this morning and she is missing - anyone seen her?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

she said that her and her hubby had a "talk" and thinks it better to delete the blog so she can spend more time with her family.

eyes_only4him said...

i wondered the same thing about her..

but seeing what tattooed momma said, she must have been spending WAY 2 much time blogging if they came 2 tha decsion...thats 2 bad, i liked her.