Party of 4 - NY sports and beach loving family!

Monday, January 21, 2008

Smile pretty for the camera

I have been longing for a DSLR camera for a LOOOONNNNNGGGGGG time now. Everytime I thought about buying one, I talked myself out of it mainly because of the price. Last week I started researching prices of the Canon xti. Why the Canon xti you ask? That is the one that has been most recommended to me and the one that has taken some of the most beautiful photos I have seen. I found a great price online at Circuit City and the sale ends today. After buying some new kicks for Steve at Dick's Sporting Goods, we walked next store to Circuit City. Steve and the kids played Xbox and I went camera shopping. A lovely girl named Christina helped me out and also talked up the Canon xti. She told me all about the picture quality and memory card and even recommended the DVD so I do not have to read the manual (smart girl). I told her about the web price and the manager was able to beat that price! So, I walked out of there with a new DSLR camera, the how to DVD, a warranty and lots of memory. Now I need to set aside some time to watch the DVD before our trip to Disney in June. Yes, it sounds like a far way off, but with a full time job, a business, a husband, 2 kids, a house and a bunch of other goings on, I'll be lucky to squeeze in the time - BUT I must. I want to take all our Disney vacation photos with my new camera.

2 comments:

erin said...

Congrats!!!

If you want any manual tips let me know! I don't know much but am happy to share what I have figured out!

Anonymous said...

I'm drooling and oh, so JEALOUS. We bought this cam for my FIL for Christmas and I want one now. I can't wait to see your pic! We did Magic Kingdom last Aughust, I think we are hitting Busch Gardens in April. (It helps to have family in Sarasota!)
ps. Thanks for the tip- I didn't know Circuit City beat it 's OWN prices!!