Party of 4 - NY sports and beach loving family!

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Happy 2008!

I sure hope you had a great New Year's and are enjoying the start of 2008. The end of 2007 was rough for our family. From the middle of December on, we were all some sort of sick. David had an ear infection, I had what I think was the flu, Ava had walking pneumonia and Steve had a virus. We all seem to be on the mend. I take the kids back to the doctor tomorrow for their re-checks.

Having said all that, Christmas was almost cancelled! Thanks to Steve, we went on with the show. Steve spent Christmas Eve food shopping, cleaning and cooking. He literally saved Christmas. Everyone that ate dinner at our house raved about his meatballs, sausage and lasagna. I was so sick, I had to wait to enjoy them as left overs. They were just as good a few days later.

The kids had a great holiday. David got everything on his list and then some. Ava did well also, but is still too young to really get excited. David has been playing with all his gifts, especially the Wii. Steve and I also enjoy it. The sports games are a blast. Ava has been enjoying her MP3 player and babies. She is a true girl. It's a lot of fun to watch the kids play together, they are really enjoying each other.

Saturday we went to PA to celebrate Christmas with Tray, Rich and the kids. I love giving gifts more than receiving - especially with Tray and the kids. The kids loved the stuff we got them. Ty was thrilled with his scrapbook. He wanted to scrap right away! Tracey liked all her stuff too. She is planning a day of pamering! Steve and I got a beautiful blanket with a picture of the 4 kids on it. We love it. Rich presented Steve with his fantasy football winnings. Steve was very excited and looking forward to next season. Tracey cooked a delicious dinner and then we headed back to NJ. I really wish we lived closer.

We spent New Year's Eve with Laurie, Walter and Tom again this year. We ate dinner at the Olive Garden and went back to our house for coffee. The kids had a blast playing and the adults enjoyed the company. I thoroughly enjoy spending time with Laurie. She always makes me laugh and lets me vent. They left about 9 pm and I fell fast asleep on the couch. I woke up about 20 to 12 and saw the ball drop - then back to bed for me. New Year's Day we had breakfast at the diner, ran some errands and took down the tree. It was a nice enjoyable day off.

Jackie is at the house today for watching the kids while my parents are in FL. She has them again tomorrow and Friday it's my Grandparents turn. I know the kids are having fun with her. She is a real sweetheart.

Alright, well, that's all for now. Enjoy the New Year!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just noticed on your profile you guys are Yankees fans. Red Soxs rule- but I hope you all feel much better soon anyways. ;)