Party of 4 - NY sports and beach loving family!

Sunday, March 09, 2008

What time is it?

I had forgotten all about the time change when I woke up the morning. The cable boxes said one thing and all the other clocks were an hour behind. Then it hit me - DUH! So I went around setting the clocks. I let Steve sleep in because he worked all day on Saturday and I took the kids downstairs. I decided to make some pancakes. While I was cooking, Steve's phone rang and it was Walt. He needed help on a job so I ran the phone up to Steve. When Steve came down to tell me he was going to help Walt at 1 pm - he was thrilled to see I had made breakfast. I even got a little crafty and made the kids pancakes in the shape of Mickey heads! I was impressed, but David was not. He had 2 bites and walked away - brat (he lost his Wii privs)! Ava ate like a champ - as usual. The pancakes were good - if I do say so myself. After cleaning up I was going to take a shower, but Steve needed me to trim his hair and I wanted to give David a hair cut. Steve was easy - David was a pain in the ass. All he did was squirm and cry. I thought I was going to strangle him with the cord from the buzzer! After it was all over - he looked so cute (lucky for him). We went up and showered. By then it was time for Steve to leave and help Walt. The WHOLE time Steve was gone Ava was impossible. She had many a melt down. Finally, I took the kids down the basement to play. That lasted about an hour before they were bored to tears. So back up stairs we went to wait for Steve. Luckily it was not too much longer. Ava needed a nap SO bad but would NOT go down. We decided to go for a ride. We packed into the car with no real destination at first. Then Steve decided to take us to dinner with the money he made from Walt. We ate at Luchiano's Country Italian Kitchen. It was delicious and the kids were VERY good. David ate his whole meatball and Ava loved the pasta. Steve and I enjoyed our dishes as well. In fact, Steve took home David's linguini and a piece of his chicken parm for lunch tomorrow. We took the scenic route back home. When we got home, I laid down for about 45 minutes - I was exhausted. Then it was time to get the kids ready for bed. By 7:30 pm Ava was ready for bed. I gave her a bottle and put her down. The minute I walked out of the room she started crying. Then the crying became screaming. As I write to you she is STILL up there screaming her head off. I did go up there once - gave her Tylenol, rubbed her back and got her calm. She was good for about 10 minutes. I am at my witts end...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aw, your poor daughter. :( It's no fun being sick- Shaye just got diagnosed this morning with an ear infection AND she's throwing up.(there's a bug going around)

We had pancakes for breakfast yesterday too, we made ours purple and had them with green eggs. yup it looked as gross as it sounds but the littles CHOWED!! My dad was famous for his Mickey Mouse pancakes, with me and my sister and then my girls. It's one of the things that always gets brought up when we are remembering him.