Party of 4 - NY sports and beach loving family!

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Flight Status: CANCELLED!

WHAT? Yeah, that is what I saw this afternoon when I went to http://www.continental.com/ and checked my flight. I was SUPER pissed and scared. I wanted/needed to be home tonight. On a break from my training class I called the airline and was informed that they had re-booked me on a flight leaving tomorrow (Thurs) morning. I was like 'oh no you did not!'. I told her that I knew there was a flight leaving before mine and I wanted to be on that one. She was able to get me a seat, but informed me that it was already delayed. I actually knew this, because I had been online checking EVERY flight back to NY/NJ. I told her I did not care and that I was thankful she got me a seat on the 5:20 pm CST flight that was delayed until 7:52 pm CST. I decided to check on the flight one more time before I left for the airport (hoping it was not cancelled) and it was not cancelled but moved up to 6:38 pm CST! I was excited, but wanted to get my butt to the airport ASAP. I left Perceptive Software at 3 pm CST, got to the airport, dropped off my rental car, checked my bag and was eating a bagel at 4:30 pm CST when our flight was moved up for a 5:38 pm CST departure! WOO HOO!!! I did not call home until I was sitting in my seat and they were ready to close the doors. I told Steve we were taking off and to check my flight status online. He was glad I was on my way home. I hung up, opened a book and read for a while. I got bored and put on my MP3 player. The next thing I knew, we were landing! My 3 hour flight took all of 2 hrs and 8 min! I called Steve to let him know we landed and were taxiing and he was like WHAT? He had not left EB yet! This was the weirdest part...when I got to baggage claim, my bag was there! If you have EVER landed in Newark, you know that it takes FOREVER to get your bags. Not tonight, not for me. I went out to the curb to wait for my ride. Steve and the kids showed and I jumped in the car. I could not wait to see the kids! They were so excited to see me - which felt awesome. Steve was very happy to see me too. He even picked up a hot chocolate from Dunkin for me! I was SO happy to be home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was FATE! To be home with your family- glad all went well and you are back safe and sound. Hope you are enjoying your weekend!