Party of 4 - NY sports and beach loving family!

Friday, March 14, 2008

Vitamins? Really?

Yesterday was my check up appointment with the Neurologist. Now, back in the beginning of February at my first appointment, he switched me from Topamax to Depakote and fore-warned me that a side effect is weight gain. I did not like hearing that, but thought, I'll just eat right and exercise. YEAH RIGHT! I learned that my FAT ASS gained 7 lbs in 5 weeks! OH MY GOD! I am not going to pretend that I had no idea...I mean my pants are SO tight I am surprised I have not split them or popped a button. I just did not think my appetite had changed that much. The good news is he has taken me off the Depakote and put me on a vitamin regimen. Yes, that is right - vitamins. Now - if you know me - you know that I do not eat veggies and do not take vitamins. So, this a a very new concept for me. I hope they do not taste bad, because this regimen will stop immediately. I ordered the vitamins I need from vitacost.com - they were VERY reasonably priced. Especially the CoQ10. That is so damn expensive! I will stop the Depakote and start the vitamin once I get them in the mail. Wish me luck!

6 comments:

MaryBeth said...

I have a very hard time getting in the right amt. of fruits and veggies each day personally too. I found that drinking MonaVie juice, while expensive, makes me feel much better. It has the antioxidant equivalent of eating somewhere between 5 and 13 common fruits/veggies per day. Do you know anyone nearby who drinks it? Maybe you should give it a try.

erin said...

I've heard good things about Mona Vie too :)

Hope the vitamins help, without the weight gaining pills you'll probably drop those few extra pounds quickly :) Hope you're feeling well!

eyes_only4him said...

Oh that sucks...

It might not even be your over eating, some pills that cause wieght gain can make u retain water, or just not burn the fat as quickly..

But that sucks..

I need some vitamins too..im so damn tired all the time..

Anonymous said...

Good Luck- I'd rather take viatimins then meds any day. Hope it helps you feel better!!

Kwana said...

I'm just starting Topamax for migraines. May I ask is that why you were on? I'm hoping for weight loss. I'm having a really bad time right now. Good luck to you. Please keep us updated on the vitamins.

Kwana said...

Thanks for the update cmb. I'll be real careful with the Topamax. Please do let me know about the vitamins. I'll let you know how I do too! Check back to talk about DWTS. Jason was a nice surprise for me!