Party of 4 - NY sports and beach loving family!

Saturday, March 08, 2008

Never enough time

The weekends are never for relaxing anymore. Waking up this morning was tough and my baby girl gave me a much needed break. I heard her at about 8, but she did not really get up until 9 - woo hoo. I SO needed that extra time...I had 3 too many wine coolers last night. My head was pounding. After popping some Tylenol, changing & dressing Ava and helping David get dressed - I HAD to eat. Steve was kind enough to have run to McDonald's for my greasy breakfast. When I looked at the clock, I almost had a heart attack! It was after 10 am and I had a bridal shower to attend at noon. I quickly scarfed down my food and ran up to get ready. I wanted to be on time to the shower because I could not stay long. Steve was called into work and had to be there by 2:30 pm. This meant that I had to leave the shower no later than 1:30 pm. I did not want to miss the shower all together, so I went for an hour and a 1/2. I was so happy I went too - not only to celebrate Agi's impending wedding - but because my friend Michelle and her Mom were there. I have not seen or spoken to Michelle since Sept. of 06. We fell out of touch and she felt embarrased to call after so long. I re-assured her that it did not matter and we caught up a little bit. Agi was SO surprised and happy with her shower. She looked great too. I explained to her my situation and wished her well before leaving. When I got home Ava was up from her nap and Steve was out the door. I made the kids some lunch and when the rain finally stopped I took them to the mall to keep them from going crazy in the house. When I had enough of the mall and wanted to go home...the skies opened up! I could not get out of my car to go in the house it was raining that hard. David wanted to see my Mom, so I called her to see what her and my Dad were doing for dinner. We decided to meet at Charlie Brown's in Matawan. You should have seen the rain and wind during my ride to the restaurant. Holy crap! It was SO bad. I thought I was in a hurricane. The kids fell asleep on the ride so when I got to the restaurant, I sat in my car for about 25 minutes. Once the rain stopped I grabbed both kids and the diaper bag and made a run for it. By the time we sat for dinner, Ava was miserable. The food was good, but I was on edge with Ava. When we got home it was late. She is usually in bed by 7:30 and it was 9 pm! I gave her a bottle and she went right to sleep. Before long, Steve was home from work - thank God. It was LONG day.

No comments: