Party of 4 - NY sports and beach loving family!

Friday, May 30, 2008

A whole lot goin' on

It's been a long, eventful day. This morning David graduated from the 'play' preschool at Steve's school. He has gone for the past 2 years and this is his final hurrah. I took an early lunch so that I could be there. It was cute. He got his diploma, along with Thomas. They had a fun time together. I hurried back to work and my Mom took the kids over to the allergist.
When she called me with the report, I felt horrible. There was so much going on with the 2 of them, I should have been there myself. David was put on allergy meds and Singulair for Asthma. Ava had severe eczema, seasonal allergies and possible asthma. She needs to have blood work done to see what foods, etc. she is allergic to. For her skin, she need to have Hydrocortizone cream 2.5% applied twice a day to her patches. Then, her whole body needs to be covered in aquaphor balm. I can only bathe her 2 times a week and the bath water must contain baby oil. I need to use a special soap for her body and not dry her. Poor baby girl. It sounds like a lot of work, but if it will help her, I'll be sure to do it.

After work, I took the kids over to my cousin Mar's to visit her and the girls. This was my first time meeting Ella. She is SO tiny and cute. I held her a few times and even got her to sleep on me. I miss those moments. She is a really good baby. Mar looks fantastic - as always and is loving her 2 girls. David, Ava and Lizzie played real well together. Lizzie is a riot. She talks so much and so well. I could just eat her up. The visit ended with Ava getting hurt, of course. She and David were on the see saw and she fell and got a cut right under her eye. She is un believable.
Soon after we got home, Steve came home. He had gotten to work early, so he was able to leave early. He brought dinner home and we got to hang out. I sure do miss him at night during the week. I am glad he is ours for the weekend.

1 comment:

gina said...

Aw, what a sweeeeetie! I can just smell that new baby smell from here!