Party of 4 - NY sports and beach loving family!

Friday, May 09, 2008

A bump in the road

This morning I dropped David off at Laurie's house on my way to work. She was going to drive David too and from school with Tom to help Steve and my Mom out. My Mom was to be at our house by 9, so Steve could get to work early and make up some time he missed due to baseball. Well, I get a call from Steve at 8:45 am informing me that my Mom's car battery died and he and Ava were going to ride down to her so he could get her car started and leave Ava with her. I made a phone call to my Grandparents to see if they could come watch Ava, but they had plans. So, Steve went to my Mom's, got her all set and drove to work. He did not get there until 11:30 am, but his baseball game this afternoon ws rained out, so he can still make up some time. Even with the best layed plans, things can get screwed up. The important thing is, everyone is fine and where they should be.

Except maybe for me...I am still at work!

2 comments:

gina said...

yikes- hopefully you guys will get into a rythmn soon! Happy Mother's DAy!

eyes_only4him said...

I hate when that kinda stuff happens..

Hope u had a great mothers day.