Party of 4 - NY sports and beach loving family!

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

This morning started off with hugs and kisses and Mother's Day wishes. The kids came into my bed to say Good Morning. I needed to jump in the shower to get ready for breakfast, but Ava wanted me to bring her downstairs for her bottle. I was glad I did...David and Steve gave me by Mom's day cards and gifts. The cards were beautiful - David even wrote his OWN name (my favorite part). I love my gifts! I got a beautiful frame that reads: Family, all because two people fell in love. I also received a new Vera Bradley bag that is the perfect style. Thanks David, Ava and Steve (mostly Steve because I know he did all the hard work). Now, onto the shower. I got ready and then Steve got the kids ready and himself so we could head down the shore for breakfast. We had 10 am reservations at the Breaker's. Of course we were the last to arrive, but we weren't all that late considering. My parents, grandparents, 2 uncles, aunt and cousin were there. I decided to be a good girl and get an egg white omelete instead of the french toast I was dying to have. I got the kids Fruit Loops and David also got a Mickey Mouse pancake. Neither of the kids were on their best behavior, but I expected that. I did enjoy my morning for the most part. I even got a beautiful necklace from my parents. When we arrived back home, we took the kids over to the park to play. In the mean time, my parents showed up to start dinner. My Dad was cooking Neeni's chicken for dinner (Neeni was my great-grandmother). We had a good time at the park. David even made a new friend. After the park, Ava went down for a LONG nap. A guy came to look at Steve's old truck and ended up purchasing it! We took $200 less than we were asking, but we were just happy to be rid of it. I helped my Dad set the table for dinner. My grandparents arrived just in time to start eating and Ava woke up as I was finishing my salad. Everyone (except David) really enjoyed their dinner. My dad did a fabulous job. Steve cleaned up the kitchen when we were done. We visited for a while and then I put out dessert. I think everyone had a bite of something. My grandparents left and I put Ava in her pj's and gave David his shower. When we got back downstairs, my parents were leaving. When the house was empty Steve and I watched some shows we had taped and David played on the computer. It was not long before David came in to cuddle and fell FAST asleep on my lap. THAT was the best Mother's Day gift of all.


I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!

1 comment:

Corey~living and loving said...

sounds like a nice mother's day full of family. :) so glad you enjoyed it.