Party of 4 - NY sports and beach loving family!

Friday, May 02, 2008

First day on the NEW schedule

Yesterday marked the beginning of a new life style for us Boettger's. I got up, showered and got ready for work. When I left the house Steve, David and Ava were still asleep. Steve called me around 9 am to say Good Morning and let me know they were up and eating breakfast. He took the kids and dropped off his new truck (yet again) to get fixed and pick up a loaner. After lunch, he put Ava down for a nap and got ready to leave for work. My Mom showed up about 1:30 pm to take over and Steve went to work. I got home around 4:30 pm and took over for my Mom. We played a little bit and I fed them dinner. Before long, it was nighty night time for Ava. David was on the computer and I re-organized some of my scrap room. Then I did some CM work and updated my scrap blog. David and I watched a little TV together and at about 10:30 pm I headed up stairs to put David in his bed and get ready for bed myself. Just as I got to the top of the stairs, Ava started screaming. I went in to see what was wrong and when I turned around David was waiting for me! We all climbed into my bed and Steve called saying he was half way home. By the time Steve got home David was sleeping but not Ms. Ava. She went right over to her 'Dada' and I snuck away to wach my face. I practically fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow, but I do remember Steve putting Ava back in her crib. Overall, the day went well. I was told by a little mouse with the initials DSB that 'Daddy does not want his promotion any more because Ava is SO bad'. When I asked 'Daddy' about it, he admitted to making that statement, but only in the heat of the moment. We shall see....

4 comments:

MaryBeth said...

Ouch! Hope they will settle into a happy routine soon.

eyes_only4him said...

it will get better...sounds kinda busy though

Corey~living and loving said...

change is sooooooooooo hard. I will be hoping it eases up soon.

gina said...

yikes. Having both parents around so much of the day is a blessing- they'll get used to it.