Party of 4 - NY sports and beach loving family!

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Greasy = Happy!

My husband is a BIG jokester. He used to refer to me lovingly as Brows because of my big eyebrows when we first met. Overtime he felt comfortable to attack my hertitage and would call me a greasy guini (sp) - again, all with love. I for one love my eyebrows and skin. Unfortunately, neither of my kids are 'greasy guini's'. In fact, my poor daughter is a head to toe rash. Her skin is so dry I itch just looking at her. I really wonder how I birthed these children when they have not a single one of my traits! Blonde hair - nope, blue eyes, nope, dry skin - nope, attitude - yes (Oh, yeah, they did get my fat mouth). Well, I made Ava an appointment for tomorrow afternoon with David's allergist. With the hot weather coming, I can not stand to watch her suffer. I hope he can offer her some relief. Poor kid - maybe I can give her extra hugs and rub my grease on her :)

1 comment:

gina said...

I have a friend with a duahgter with the same allergy problems as what you described of Ava's. It takes a lot of diligence- but it seems to get a little better at puberty (her daughter is 11 and the excema (sp) is a little lesser now in amount and frequency.


ps. I guess I'm a greaser too, I pluck my eyebrows to almost non existency though. ;)