Party of 4 - NY sports and beach loving family!

Saturday, May 17, 2008

We are family

This morning David had soccer and soccer pictures. All 4 of us went so we could hop on the turnpike and head to PA when soccer was over. This was the first Saturday I had gone to see David play where the sun was out. My parents came up to watch David also. At first the kids practiced and then walked down the hill for photos. Some of the kids on David's team are super wild (not to mention a few parents). There was one boy that kept touching David and I could see that he was getting annoyed. The mother was telling him to stop, but he would not listen. Poor David - all he wanted to do was get his picture taken! My parents and I watched David take his photo. He looked adorable. Steve took Ava on the playground to keep her out of trouble. Once the pictures were over, it was back to practice. David did not do too well this week. I am not sure if was the audience or the fact that the ground was wet and he HATES to be wet. When it was over, we packed into the car and headed south on the NJ turnpike to the PA turnpike. We were on our way to visit Tracey, Rich and the kids.

We arrived a little after noon. Ally was in the driveway when we pulled up. The kids were so happy to see her and her them. We all had some pizza for lunch and then it was time for Ty's T-Ball game. The guys and Ally went to the game and Tray, Ava and I stayed back at the house. Tracey's girlfriend Maria stopped over to say Hi and drop off our SLAH orders. It was great to see her. I hadn't seen her in a while. She is pregnant with her 4th and due in Oct. We just talked and caught up. Before long she had to leave and the next thing you know the guys and Ally were back. Tracey made a delicious dinner and then we just hung out. It was great because every other time we get together it's for a reason and there is never time to just relax. Ava was super tired, but it took me forever to get her to sleep. In fact, I fell asleep trying to get her down. Steve woke me up and we all played Yatzee - with the exception of David. He was sleeping! I know, I could not believe it either. Yatzee was fun. Ally and Tray were teamed up and Ty and I were teamed up. Steve and Rich were on their own. The adults each put in $1 and Tray and Ally were the big $4 winners! Once the 2nd game was over, everyone was ready for bed - not to mention Ava was up. I could not get her back to sleep. My night was pretty bad. I don't think I got an hours sleep. David however did great. He spent the whole night in the basement with Ty. I was so proud of him. Ava had me up before 7 am. I changed her, brushed my teeth and brought her downstairs for a bottle. I think we woke up the whole house. When Tray came down, she suggested we go for a walk. I really wanted to go, so I asked a sleeping Steve to watch Ava, but he never woke up. So, Tray, Ally, Ava (in the stroller) and I went for a walk (or hike). It was probably 2+ miles and very hilly. I loved it. Even the hard part of pushing Ava up their street. Working out like that makes me feel so good. I was sucking wind when I finally reached the house, but it was worth it. I had to walk off the margaritas from the night before! When we got back, we loaded up the car and went out for breakfast. We went to this great little place. I had french toast that was delicious. Steve was hung over and needed grease - so he had a pork roll, egg and cheese. The kids had chocolate chip pancakes. Rich's dish was gigantic - I think it was an omelete. Poor Tracey's pancakes were burnt. Once we scarfed down all our food we headed home.

We really had a great visit and are looking forward to the next one.

No comments: