Party of 4 - NY sports and beach loving family!

Saturday, May 10, 2008

Date Night

I decided to find us a babysitter and take the hard working hubby out for dinner tonight. He came home a bit early last night hoping we could grab a bite to eat, but it did not work out, so I made it a point to do it tonight. I was able to get the brother of the babysitter down the street to come watch the kids for about 2 1/2 hours. When we left, we planned on going to BoneFish, but when we got there, there was a 2 hour wait. So we drove over to the Sayreville Bar. We had to wait there too, but it was only about 15/20 minutes. We sat at the bar and had a drink before heading over to our table. I had fish on the brain, so I ordered the seafood combo and Steve got the king cut prime rib. His dinner was gigantic! They have a real nice soup and salad bar that we stuffed ourselves with prior to dinner. We had a great time and really enjoyed each others company. I want to make this a bi-monthly event. I know we need it. When we got home the kids were waiting for us. Steve walked the babysitter home and I put Ava to bed. She was exhausted seeing as it was 2 hours past her bedtime. I got David into his pj's and he cuddled up to me on the couch. It was a great night.
Side note: I entered Ava into the Baby with the Crazy Hair contest...

No comments: