Party of 4 - NY sports and beach loving family!

Friday, April 15, 2005

Terrible 2's & The Navy

I worked from home today, so last night David stayed with MomMom and Gramps and spent today at their house. MomMom took him for a walk by the ocean and they had lunch. After I was done working David returned home. He was not exactly happy to see me. He hit me a few times and would not kiss or hug me hello. Everything I said to him, he screamed back NO. My parents explained that he did not nap, so I decided to take him for one of our walks around the neighborhood. He did not fall asleep. When we got back to my house, we decided to go to the mall and grab dinner. THAT WAS A MISTAKE! He was SO bad. He threw everything we gave him, would not eat his dinner and screamed a lot. After dinner we were invited to my Aunt Mary and Uncle Bob's to see my cousin Dan who is in the Navy and was on leave until tomorrow. I really wanted to see Dan so we went, knowing that David might be a bear. He was not - thank goodness. He was pleasant & outgoing. Dan looked great and it was so awesome to see him. My aunt and uncle had my grandparents and a few friends over and I enjoyed seeing them too. Everyone loved David, even after he threw up (long story). Finally around 9:30 pm I was carrying David and he fell asleep on my shoulder. He was beyond tired by that point. I got him home, changed him, put on his pj's and gave him a bottle. Steve put him to bed and I went in to check on him. What a little angel he is when he is sleeping. I just wish that angelic behavior could carry on when he is awake, but I know that it asking WAY to much at his age!

1 comment:

41 Noodles (mn) said...

Cara, Love your Blog! and I think Matthew is reaching the terrible 2's a little early. It's nice to see we're not alone when our little guy flips his lid!!