Party of 4 - NY sports and beach loving family!

Monday, April 25, 2005

Monday, Monday

Here it is, Monday again. The weekends just are not long enough. If you read my last post, you know we had a crazy weekend. I had a great time Friday night at Melissa's. I met some really nice people and got some awesome ideas. She also had new products to show that I loved! I am really thinking about joining her team. The shower on Saturday was beautiful. It was held at Forsgate Country Club at noon and the food was delicious. There was about 80 people and a ton of gifts. Most of the bridal party is married so they knew how to take care of getting through the gifts. I had a really good time. Later that day, we went over to my aunt and uncles (parents of my cousin who's shower it was)for dinner and to hang out. David had a great time. He got to play with his cousins and an adorable set of twin girls. His Aunt Amy was up from Florida (for the shower) so he got to hang with her too. I got to talk to my cousin Meghan and catch up with her. Meghan and her husband just bought a house and are decorating. It was 9:30 pm before we knew it so we made our way home. Sunday we got a chance to relax in the AM before leaving at about 12:30 pm for my Uncle Frank's retirement party. The party was in Ringoes - what a beautiful ride (David slept). I could never live in the country, but driving through it was really nice. The party was nice too. We tried to stay outside so David could let loose and play, but it was pretty cold. Melissa and her family were there, she has 2 boys. David loved her older son Tyler. He wanted to play ball with him. There was SO much food and it was good too. David was not into eating except for a cupcake! We stayed about 2 1/2 hours. David was awake on the ride home and loved the horses and cows he saw along the side of the road. Once we got home, we were pooped. David fell asleep before his bottle he so was exhausted. Steve and I watched the Contender (2 episodes) and a CSI repeat (love that show) and we headed off to bed. So, here I am. Blogging on Monday at work. Boy I hope my work day goes by quick - I do not like Mondays!

2 comments:

Laney said...

You guys sound as busy as us! Glad you had a nice time at the shower but I must admit, I am still wondering what happened to your nails!

Laney

CMB said...

Oh the nails! I had them done Friday after work and when I got home they were all bumpy! I called the salon and the guy said 'yeah I know, come back and we'll fix them'. I said - 'you knew? why did you let me leave?'. But I could not go back until Sat morning.