Party of 4 - NY sports and beach loving family!

Sunday, April 17, 2005

A new hobby

I can honestly say that in all my 29 years, I have not had a hobby. This past February I decided that I wanted to learn about Scrapbooking. So, I called a family friend that owns her own Creative Memories company and booked a class. Needless to say, I now have a hobby that I absolutely LOVE. Aside the from the class I had at my house, I have attended her National Scrapbooking Day event and had a workshop at my house (today in fact). Creative Memories has such great products and ideas. The quality of their stuff is way above the rest and Melissa stocks everything, so there is not need to wait for your products to come in. There are 3 reasons that I LOVE scrapbooking. First, it is such a better way to look back at your memories than plain old photo albums. Second, I get to spend time with my neighbors, friends, family and most of all my Mom doing something we all really enjoy. Plus, we give each other ideas and inspiration. And finally, it has put me back in touch with Melissa. Our parents have been friends for years, so we have spent time together over those years but mainly in our teens. I am so glad that I contacted her. Not only for Creative Memories, but for a renewed friendship. She is a total sweetheart and so much fun to be around. I encourage you to check out Creative Memories online. If you are from NJ, and are interested in contacting Melissa (she is SO great at her job), look her up in the consultant locator. Her last name is Urban. I could not have found a better hobby!

2 comments:

Laney said...

It look as if you are all having a great time! Did you get a lot of pages done? Next time, I am definately coming!

Laney

Laney said...

Hey Cara!
Go to the library and get Dave Ramsey's Total Money Makeover. In that book he explains everything pretty clearly. It literally, changed out financial life!

Laney