Party of 4 - NY sports and beach loving family!

Friday, April 29, 2005

The Jersey Shore

David spent last night and all day today at my parents house because I worked from home. After work Steve and I went down to Spring Lake to pick him up. As we pulled into their development we could see David and Gramps playing on the golf course. He looked so cute and so tiny. He waved to us as we parked. We were so happy to see him. David was happy to see us too, but it took him a few minutes to give hugs and kisses. Everyone was hungry for dinner, so Gramps drove us all to the Squan Tavern in Manasquan. My parents have been there many times and rave about it. I could not wait to try it. Luckily, we got there before the crowd. The place was great. It is not that big, so it is nice & cozy. We ordered mussels marinara appetizer, 2 pizzas (1 plain, 1 sausage) and a kids meatball parm sandwich. I was impressed that they had 3 diet sodas to choose from - coke, sprite or rootbeer. I know that sounds weird, but I am a sprite drinker, not a coke drinker so I was excited. David ate a good portion of his meatballs. I did not try the mussels, but everyone else thought they were great. Then came the pizzas. Awesome pizza. Thin crust and cooked pefectly. The sausage was the way I like it - crumbled. After dinner, we stopped at Dunkin Donuts on our way back to my parents place. David ordered a chocolate sprinkled donut, MomMom & Steve got coffee and I had a hot chocolate and a jelly donut. When we got back to my parents we watched a DVD that I made for them of David and the Yankee game. At about 8:00 pm we packed up David and the car to head home. The air was chilly, but even with the chill in air, I always feel like I am in a different world when I am at the shore. I love it there. To me, there is no better place in the world than the Jersey Shore. I guess I really am a Jersey Girl.

No comments: