Party of 4 - NY sports and beach loving family!

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

A Nice Treat

A friend of mine at work told me about Spa Week and gave me a website to check to see if any Spa's in my area were participating. Sure enough Spa Blisstique off Cranbury Road in East Brunswick was listed. They offered a 60 minute hot stone massage for $50 (regularly $70) so I booked 2 - one for me and one for Steve. Steve has never had a massage before so I could not wait for him to experience it. Unfortunately, Steve ended up having a game and having to cancel, so I asked my Mom to join me. Last night at 6:45 pm we had our appointments. The place was great. Very soothing and peaceful atmosphere and very knowledgeable staff. The woman who greeted us answered all our questions and even got my Mom to book a spray tanning appointment for this coming Friday! She took us to a beautiful changing room with a place for us to lock up our belongings. Then we were off to a relaxing waiting area with comfy seating and a misting fountain. Before long Jared came to get me and Judy got my Mom. They took us to a huge massage room with 2 tables. We were asked about problem areas, mine was my lower back and my Mom has been having trouble with her shoulder. Next thing you know we are experiencing pure relaxation. The sound effects were great, thunder storms, waterfalls and waves. The hot stones were an added delight. I was not too sure about them, but really enjoyed the feeling. After our 60 minutes were up we were taken back to the waiting room and given water with orange slices - how refreshing (who would have thought). Then we got dressed and made our way to the check out desk. I treated my Mom for taking such good care of us and she was happy. On our way home she told me that she really enjoyed herself and that her shoulder even felt better. I was so glad that I could do that for her and hope we can do it again soon. As for Steve, maybe I can try again around Father's Day.

1 comment:

Laney said...

I am turning green over here!! That sounds so very relaxing and CALM!!!

Glad you had some nice mother/daughter time!

Laney