Party of 4 - NY sports and beach loving family!

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

The little things matter

It's funny I've always heard people say 'leave time for the little things'. It has taken me a while, but thanks to David, I now know what they meant. It is the little things that end up meaning so much. When I get home from work on a not so great day, all I have to see is David's little face or hear his little voice call out 'Mommy's Home!' and the time I spent frustrated at work is erased. Even when I am at home, thinking about paying bills or cleaning the house as soon as I hear David playing or catch a glimpse of him dancing to a video nothing else matters. I have learned that folding the laundry is much less important than hanging out in the Thomas the Train tent and that playing in the ball pit is so much more fun than making dinner. Yes, that means at times I wear clothes that have been washed but not folded and have eaten dinner after 7 pm but that also means that I spend lots of time with David - doing 'little things'. But, that is all that will matter to him.

2 comments:

Laney said...

Good for you!!! I love to hear people say that they enjoy their children rather then them being a burden to them. You are such a good mom,Cara! David is blessed to be growing up in a home filled with such love.
Laney

andrewnamy said...

David has the same effect on me too! It is such a treat to be able to talk to him on the phone and get daily updates of his adventures & new sayings. I am so happy that he not only knows who I am, but knows enough to say I miss you before he hangs up the phone. I can't wait to see him & I am so grateful that you have such an awesome son.