Party of 4 - NY sports and beach loving family!

Friday, August 01, 2008

My Grandmom

I have a fantastic Grandmom. I know most people feel that way about their Grandmom, but I really mean it. She is sweet, caring and kind. There is never a negative thing said by her. Whenever I need her, she is there. For me or my kids. When I was little, she always let us do crazy things that only a Grandmom would. She is always so much fun.

Today we got some sad news. My Grandmom has stage 1 breast cancer. She found a lump last week and was diagnosed today. She goes Monday for pre-admit testing for a lumpectomy some time next week. She is scared, but optomistic. And so are the doctors. The lump is less than an inch and like I said, in stage 1. I know in my heart that she is going to be fine, but I am scared for her as well. I am also pissed that this is happening to her.

So, if you are a person of prayer, say one for her. Thank you.

3 comments:

AndreAnna said...

Sending healthy vibes and thinking of your family...

beach mama said...

She is in my thoughts and wishing you all the best!!

Corey~living and loving said...

oh my dear heavens. this is the FOURTH person diagnosed wtih Breast Cancer this week....that I have read about. sigh...it is scaring me.

many prayers coming your way!