Party of 4 - NY sports and beach loving family!

Monday, August 25, 2008

Unexpected

I had today off to take the kids to a new allergy doctor and was super happy when I got the Meet the Teacher day invitation with today's date on it. My grandparents watched Ava and the 3 of us went. We were greeted by the vice principal. She took the time to get David's name and shake his hand. Very cute. Then we went and sat in the gym. Our neighbors up the street have twins and we sat with them. Next thing I know, the principal is asking the kindergarteners to line up with their teacher and wave good bye to their parents!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Totally NOT what I was expecting! As soon as he left the gym, the water works started. I could not believe it! Here I am thinking - 'this is no big deal - every kid goes to kindergarten - and instead - I am crying! Big baby! Any who, the rest of the morning was nice. We learned a lot about what their day and year will be like. The nurse spoke too, which made me (the mother of the allergic kid) feel better. We also had a chance to see them in their classroom and get to know the teacher. She seems perfect for David. He really enjoyed himself and is now looking forward to his first big day. As am I.

No comments: