Party of 4 - NY sports and beach loving family!

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Kids Day = Parents Nite Off

My parents took the kids to Pt. Pleasant this afternoon for Kid's Day. That left me and Steve free! We did a few things around the house and then we decided to go out to dinner. We ended up at our favorite restaurant Bensi after a few errands. It was so nice to be able to sit, eat, drink and relax. When we go out to dinner with the kids we are constantly rushing and correcting behavior. I got to eat my meal and actually taste it. Best of all, I did not have little fingers picking at it! I was tempted to even get dessert, but I really could not fit it in. I was so stuffed. When we left the restaurant, we browsed through The Children's Place to check out what they had for David's school shopping and bought some stuff at Yankee Candle. We took the scenic route to pick up the kids. It really was a nice night.

2 comments:

beach mama said...

Awesome. I had a kidless day today too! He went to Great Adventure with my MIL and SIL.

MaryBeth said...

So nice to spend an occasional kid free day!!