Party of 4 - NY sports and beach loving family!

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Back to school shopping

My beautiful friend Kristen was kind enough to accompany me to the mall last Friday so that I could pick up a few things for David to begin his school year. We got him new sneakers (Ava as well) and some cute clothes from Gymboree. Thanks to Kristen, I was able to actually get things done. She wrangled Ava when needed and even took David to the potty! LOVE HER.

Tonight, I should have asked her to come along. I took the back to school suppplies list and the kids to KMart. I put Ava in one of their carts and David was walking beside. Well, when we get inside, David spots these new carts that are equipped with a TV. He asked if I would get one and I said OK - but must have been OUT OF MY MIND! The thrill of it lasted 3 minutes and I was stuck with it the rest of the time. She climbed out of the front window! I went to get her and when I got back - David was crying. He thought I left him. UGH! My daughter WANTS me to leave her and my son has abandonment issues. Go figure. I am sure you can imagine how stressful and crazy the rest of the trip was. Upon leaving I was asked over 100 times for a slurpee. I wanted to turn off my hearing.

No more shopping trips alone - or at least with the kids alone. If I could be all alone to shop - that would be ideal.

1 comment:

KristenB said...

Anytime you need me, I am so there...I love the kids! xoxo