Party of 4 - NY sports and beach loving family!

Sunday, August 03, 2008

And so it begins

Each summer Steve takes a week to help his cousin with the County Fair. The fair starts tomorrow, but Steve started working today. He was gone from 9 am to about 7 pm. A very long and hot day. While he was gone, I took the kids to Lowe's to get some paint rollers for Steve and PetSmart for a new beta fish. The one David chose is blue, so he named him Obi Wan since he has a blue lightsaber. When we got home, we put the fish in his bowl and the kids just watched him for a while. Very cute. I fed them lunch and Ava went down for a nice long nap. I took the opportunity to walk on the treadmill and get some things done that I have been trying to get done for months. She woke up pretty happy and we played outside for a bit. When it was time for dinner, I made them pork roll but decided to wait and eat with Steve. When Steve got home, we had stuffed sole and twice baked potatoes - YUM! Ava was still awake and wanted to sit with me while I ate. She kept trying to touch the fish, so I told her not too because she is allergic. So I hear her say "nuts, nuts, nuts". She is so friggin smart & cute...she knows she is allergic to nuts! Steve and I were cracking up!

Steve has a very busy week ahead. But, the money is good.

No comments: