Party of 4 - NY sports and beach loving family!

Thursday, July 31, 2008

It's all who you know

I had taken yesterday off when I bought the Foo Fighters tickets because I knew we'd be out late and not feel like going to work in the morning. Steve had been trying to get David's room re-painted, so I figured I'd take the kids out to the Liberty Science Center and he could get some work done. I mentioned this to my co-worker friend who's wife happens to work there and she left me 4 tickets at the Welcome Desk! SCORE! I thought that was so nice of her. I was not expecting anything and that was way cool. I had only met her the night before and she totally hooked us up. We got to the LSC about 10:30 am and started on the 1st floor. Then we made our way to the top (4th fl) and slowly made our way down. There was SO much to see. David and Ava had a really good time. We ate lunch at their cafe and I was impressed with how healthy their food choices were. David ate an entire turkey burger on a whole wheat bun! We did not get to see any of the shows, due to Ava's inability to sit. Maybe next time. Before we left I stopped in to see the lovely lady that gave us tickets, but she was at lunch. I gave her hubs a little something to bring her home today to say Thanks. We had a really great time.

No comments: