Party of 4 - NY sports and beach loving family!

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Living on a Prayer

Last night Steve and I took the train into NYC to see Bon Jovi at MSG. We got in early so we could grab some dinner. One of our favorite restaurants is Carmine's and there was no wait so we ate there. We had the calamari for appetizer and shrimp parm for dinner. The food was to die for. Excellent. After, we took a walk around Times Square to waste some time. The Home Run Derby was at Yankee Stadium so they had something set up in Times Square in conjuction with that. We made our way back to MSG with some time to kill - so we people watched. Well, Steve pointed out a woman to me that was wearing a scarf. He thought it odd as he was sweating in shorts. So I turn to look and see something totally different. The man she was with. It was William Petersen, from CSI! My favorite show and character. So I run to get ahead of him so I can snap a picture. I was so nervous and the picture came out crappy, but he looked great. It was so cool! Right after that, there was some yelling going on between a homeless man and two girls handing out Vegas promos. When he got next to us, he threw a pocket knife at them! The next thing we know, a cop and his horse are going after him! Then an MSG security guard takes him down. It all happened so fast! I love NYC! Now, we were ready to go inside.

Once we got to our seats, the opening act (All American Rejects) did there thing. They were actually pretty good and I had heard or 4 of their songs before. It took about 45 minutes for Bon Jovi to come out. But when they did....they ROCKED! It was awsome. We had a great time. I am so glad we went. After all these years and tours, he's still got it. I am never disappointed when I leave his show. And it was funny - about half way through the show - it hit me. Jon was singing Blaze of Glory and I realized that William Petersen was in Young Guns II - Jon did the soundtrack and was in the movie! I told Steve and he was laughing at me. I always have to find a reason for things ;)

2 comments:

MaryBeth said...

Sounds like a great time... I loved NYC the one and only time I visited there!

mkenny59 said...

Name another place on earth where you can see William Peterson, a homeless man getting tackled, and Bon Jovi in the span of an hour. Man, I miss the city...