Party of 4 - NY sports and beach loving family!

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Who's in charge?

Tuesday was David's school day, however, when we pulled into the parking lot, he screamed "NO!". So I drove through the parking lot, called my Mom to come up and drove home. I waited until my Mom got to my house and drove to work. I had called my boss to let her know what was going on - of course. When I finally arrived at work, my boss asked me if I was ok and then she asked "Who is in charge?", I simply said "He is." I can live with David being in charge a lot easier then I can live with him being absolutely miserable at school.

Today David went to Chuck E Cheese with MomMom and Gramps and loved every minute of it. He had been asking to go since yesterday. They said he was a good boy and did not throw a fit when it was time to leave. So, Chuck E Cheese is our new best friend. My Dad told David that if he goes to school and is a good boy, he'll get to go to Chuck E Cheese on Friday. Let's hope this works! Tomorrow is another school day. Steve is going to bring him in because my heart can't take anymore. I'll let you know how it goes.

2 comments:

andrewnamy said...

I can't begin to understand how you are feeling about taking David to school... but I do know that you are doing the right thing by making him go back. It is a huge adjustment for him, you and Steve... but it is going to be so good for him in the long run. And do me a favor...send me this comment when I have to send my little one to school for the first time. :)

Laney said...

Cara,
Let me first say I'm sorry this has been so difficult for you, I can only imagine how hard this has been for you.

I pray that the situation gets worked out the best way for everyone. Sending some hugs you way!!