Party of 4 - NY sports and beach loving family!

Friday, July 15, 2005

Laney Tagged Me!

I read this on Mrs. Laffey's and then I was tagged by Laney. Read on...

10 Years Ago: I was working at Shea's Place with my girlfriend Michelle. I had just gotten back from a vacation in LBI. Those that know me know the rest - rather not talk about it.

5 Years Ago: We had moved into our house in March of 2000 and we were fixing it up all summer. My cousin Todd stayed with us most of the summer while he worked at Rutgers.

1 Year Ago: David was 13 months old and just started walking. I am pretty sure we were on vacation at my parents apartment in Spring Lake.

Yesterday: I picked up my friend Theresa and we drove into Newark for work. After I dropped her off at her car, I went to Sam's Club to buy meats. When I came home I packed up the meats while Steve cooked pork chops on the grill. After dinner I went to the A&P for the rest of the food shopping. After I put the groceries away, David and I fell asleep together on the couch.

Today: I met Theresa in New Brunswick and we drove into Newark for work. After she dropped me off, I stopped at the Hallmark store to buy birthday cards. I went home and got Steve and David and we went to Pathmark so I could cash a check and buy a savings bond. Next we stopped at the mall so I could pick up a birthday gift. We had pizza for dinner.

5 snacks I enjoy: peanut butter ice cream, vanilla milk shakes, peanut M&M, banana pudding with vanilla waffers & hot pretzels

5 bands I know most of the lyrics of their songs: Bon Jovi, Aerosmith, Madonna, Tom Petty & Vertical Horizon

Things I would Do with 100 million dollars: Give money to my family, buy a beach house, go on vacation, save money for college for David, never work again

5 locations I would run away to: Las Vegas, Spain, Italy, Hawaii, Tahiti

5 things I would never wear: Burka, Red Sox jersey, thong bikini, frumpy shoes, see through clothes

5 things I like doing: playing with David, shopping, scrapbooking, watching the Yanks, being with Steve

5 biggest joys of the moment: Leaving work, seeing David smile, teaching David new things with Steve, going to the beach, having a good drink

5 famous people I would like to meet: Tino Martinez, Jon Bon Jovi, Anthony Hopkins, Michael Madsen, Jessica Simpson

5 movies I like: Silence of the Lambs, Red Dragon, Shawshank Redemption, Meet the Parents, Radio

5 TV Shows I like: Sportscenter, CSI, Friends, General Hospital, Lazy Town

5 favorite toys: Camera, computer, cell phone, MP3 player & portable DVD player

5 people I tag: Tracey, Amy, Mom, Theresa & Laura-Ann

3 comments:

Laney said...

That LBI story sounds like a story I would like to hear.

So what's wrong with Burka's? They are very fashionable nowadays!

Any girl from Jersey who is worth her salt wants to meet Bon Jovi, good choice!

Great post!!

Jersey Girl said...

Dear Cara,
You need to be a fly on the wall at Laney's house one day. A typical day begins with John busily trying to make mortar out of mud all over the driveway, Joe clamoring for more food and juice as he is tossing crumbs and anything else he can reach off his high chair table, Jeremy is trying to talk him mom into letting him have a "snack" right after breakfast, Laney is making dinner in the crock pot and vacuuming at the same time and it's only 8:40 a.m.! Whew! She can and does yell!:-)

andrewnamy said...

10 Years Ago: I don't remember... how do YOU??? I was going into my senior year of HS...dating the high school boyfriend.... hanging out with Mar at the beach house.

5 Years Ago: Living at Cara's old apartment on Easton Ave. Working at Head to Toe, going out to the bars.

1 Year Ago: Almost a year ago, we just got engaged.

Yesterday: I worked until 6...went tanning...went to Bed Bath and Beyond to get stuff for the new house & came home to watch Without a Trace on tivo... and watched Gretta Van Susteren, then the news & then bed.

Today: I took Brady to the dog park to play with all of the other dogs. Drove down to Sarah's to spend the day with her sisters at the pool. I am now at Sarah's waiting for Andrew to come down so we can go to dinner for Sarah's birthday.

5 snacks I enjoy: Cheeze its, chex mix, oreos, cheez puffs, chips and salsa.

5 bands I know most of the lyrics of their songs: Bon Jovi, Aerosmith, Madonna, Guns N Roses, Poison

Things I would Do with 100 million dollars: Give money to my family, buy a beach house, go on vacation, save money for college for David, never work again, same as Cara

5 locations I would run away to: Fiji, Aruba, Italy, Hawaii, Tahiti

5 things I would never wear: Burka, Red Sox jersey, thong bikini, frumpy shoes, see through clothes, Yankees jersey...(just for you Cara)

5 things I like doing: playing with David, shopping, Laying by the pool, watching the View, being with Andrew

5 biggest joys of the moment: Being with Andrew, packing for the new house, laying with my cats, planning our wedding, buying new stuff for the house

5 famous people I would like to meet: Jennifer Anniston, Jon Bon Jovi, Matthew McAnahey, Katie Holmes, so I could smack some sense into her, Jessica Simpson

5 movies I like: Silence of the Lambs, Rudy, Meet the Fockers, Meet the Parents, Notting Hill

5 TV Shows I like: Greta, Friends, Without a Trace, The View, AccessHollywood

5 favorite toys: Camera, computer, cell phone, MP3 player & portable DVD player

5 people I tag: Mom, Sarah, Christa, Dad, Steve