Party of 4 - NY sports and beach loving family!

Sunday, July 03, 2005

More bloggers in my family

It seems we have a few more bloggers in my family. My sister Amy and my sister-in-law Tracey have started their own. They are good so stop on over.

Yesterday was my cousin Jackie's High School Graduation party. It was a great day. My Aunt Kathy and Uncle Bob live in Clinton, NJ and have a beautiful house with an awesome yard. The party was on the gorgeous big deck. There was tasty food, plenty of drinks and wonderful company. Our family was there - we always have fun when we're together. A lot of Jackie's friends were there too. They were real nice girls and guys - all very attractive. All the guys in our family (including my husband) loved having the young girls around. David loved playing soccer and baseball and hanging out in the hot tub. He 'fished' in the hot tub and later went 'swimming' with our cousin Jill. Even though he did not feel well, he had a blast. Congratulations Jackie! We love you.

Today was a bit different. David felt worse today. He woke up in the middle of the night with a fever and he was very congested. I gave him some Pedia Care and Tylenol and he went back to sleep. When we woke up in the morning, he was not feeling well and was not himself. We had plans to go down to my parents house and I wasn't sure we should go, but David said he wanted to. So, we got ready and went. Steve golfed with my cousins Mark, Mike & John and I went to the beach with David, my cousin in law Laura-Ann and John's girlfriend Michelle. We parked farther from the beach then I would have liked, so we gathered up all our crap and hoofed it. We found a good spot and set everything up. David played for all of 5 minutes and just did not feel good, so he fell asleep. My Mom showed up while he was sleeping. The girls talked while we laid out - it was fun. When David woke up, he was cranky but he noticed some kids playing and wanted to join them. I took him over and he played with them a little bit. My Aunt Carol, Uncle Tom and cousin in law Jen came down to the beach and brought David some fruit. He ate a little. He tried playing in his pool, but was uncomfortable and he asked me if we could go home. So, my Mom called my Dad to pick us up and we packed up our beach stuff and headed to my Mom's. When we got back, Steve and the boys were finished golfing, so Steve and I went out and picked up food for lunch. After we ate, everyone took a nap. We woke up about 2 hours later and I could not wait to shower. David felt a little better after his second nap of the day but wanted to go home. Steve and I packed up the car and came home. I gave David some more medicine and he is asleep now. Steve and I feel so bad for him when he is sick - he looks so sad. We miss his smile and giggle. Hopefully we'll hear it tomorrow.

No comments: