Party of 4 - NY sports and beach loving family!

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

She's not Mommy

Today was interesting to say the least. I dropped David off kicking and screaming at school. Then I picked up my friend Theresa for our drive to Newark. We had our daily 9 am meeting and then moved to our new building. This needs some explaination. I have been working in a really old trailer with no air conditioning, no phones, no security and a dirty, smelly bathroom for the past 1 + month. Today we moved from there to a training room in the Behavioral Health Sciences Building. Yes, you guessed it, this is where the crazy people go. We are directly across the narrow hall from the Violence Center of Newark. So now we have air and phones, but can at any moment lose our lives. After work I picked David up at school. When I got there he was coloring a picture with a Bingo marker and a huge smile on his face. Once he noticed me, he came over and gave me a big hug and said "We're going home now?" I said "yup" and off we went. I had to stop at the A&P, so when we were on Summerhill Road, he said "I don't like Ms. Debra" so I asked "Why" and his answer was "She's not Mommy". Those were the cutest 3 words I ever heard. He is so smart - it's crazy! He did however have a good day at school according to his Experience Sheet. He cried in the morning and after his nap, but played and enjoyed the kids. I have decided that he will not be returning to school in August. I have paid for July, so he'll finish up, but that is it. David was great in the A&P. He helped me pick out corn on the cob and put the groceries on the register. Steve was home when we got there and had cut the back yard lawn, so David helped him 'clean up'. I made dinner. After dinner we played and David was asleep by 8:30 pm. I brought him upstairs to put him in his crib and he puked everywhere! So in the tub he went. This is the 3rd time in the past month that he has thrown up at random. I don't know what is going on. I will call the pediatrician in the morning. He is sleeping now and I am going to do the same.

2 comments:

andrewnamy said...

He is so smart... just like us. Anyway, I am sorry that he got sick...maybe it is the heat. It happens to me all the time. :(

Laney said...

That is so sweet! Kisa are amazing, they are not afraid to express their real feelings and emotions.

Too cute!