Party of 4 - NY sports and beach loving family!

Thursday, May 05, 2005

Trying something new

After David was born I had 3 months (June, July & August) of maternity leave and worked from home for 1 month (September), but that still was not enough time. I did NOT want to go back to work. It helped immensely that my Mom & Dad would be his care givers. I thought that I would try becoming a consultant for a Home Party Plan company so that I could grow my business and stay home with David. So, I started Southern Living at Home is September of 2003. At first I did ok - some of my family & friends held parties for me. Then in the spring of 2004 I started traveling for work and that was the end. I renewed my contract in Sept. of 2004 thinking I might start up again, but just was not into it. I still feel that there has got to be a way for me to make good money and be home with David. As I have mentioned in a previous post, I am really into the scrapbooking thing. Actually, I love it. So, with me and my big ideas, I decided to ask my friend Melissa about joining her Creative Memories team. I emailed her last week with this big long email about my nervousness in starting with another Home Party Plan company, along with many questions. She graciously replied with some answers and a invitation to meet for dinner and talk further. We decided to meet tonight and I am very excited to hear all about her business. Not only am I really interested, I feel she will be a great leader. Stay tuned to see how I make out!

No comments: