Party of 4 - NY sports and beach loving family!

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Love that giggle!

Mondays are SO tough for me. When that alarm goes off, I am not a happy camper. After being home all weekend and spending all my time with David & Steve, I feel sad to leave and go to work. However, we need to pay the mortgage, so I go forth and work. My Mom was going into to her old job to see some co-workers, so she came by my office when she was done. For those of you that do not know, my Mom used to work at UMDNJ also. She got me my first job here. I then got promoted to a new department and moved to a different building - still in New Brunswick. I knew my Mom and David had arrived when I heard his little voice say 'Mommy'. My co-workers and I spent some time with David, he showed them his tricks and giggled the whole time - I love his giggle. I had to get some work done, so my Mom and David left to go meet my Dad for lunch. I followed them about 30 minutes later. When I got to the restaurant I found where they were sitting and was pleasantly surprised to see my cousin Kate and my Aunt Carol were joining us. Kate is on Jury Duty and Aunt Carol also works in New Brunswick. I sat down and heard, 'Hi Mommy'. There was David, sitting in a big boy chair (no booster, no highchair) eating an apple. He was so proud of himself. You know he is proud when he repeats himself - he kept saying, 'I eat apple Mommy'. I can't believe what a big boy he is - so independent! After lunch I walked David to my Dad's car and my Dad drove me back to the office. When we got to the office, David told me 'No Mommy', but I kissed him good bye, held back my tears and went back to work. The rest of the work day flew by (thank goodness)- I had so much to do. I left work at 4 pm and I could not wait to walk through the door to my house and hear that little giggle! We played for a long time then David helped me make dinner. Dinner was ready before Steve got home, so we ate without him. After dinner, we played on the computer & waited for Steve to get home. When Steve walked in the door, David was so excited! He did that little giggle again while yelling 'Daddy's Home'. We all went up and put on our PJ's. Steve ate his dinner and I gave David a bottle. After his bottle he gave kisses good night and I took him to his crib. I always tell him, Good Night, Sleep Tight and Don't Let the Bed Bugs Bite and he says, 'OK Mommy'. What a wonderful little boy! I did some more scrapbooking while watching CSI Miami and then we headed to bed. Mondays always end much better than they start!

1 comment:

Laney said...

I can relate to that Monday feeling!! You are so blessed to have your parents caring for David. The bond between grandparents and grandchildren is one that is lifelong.

You are crazy scrapbook girl, LOL!!

Call me anytime.

Laney