Party of 4 - NY sports and beach loving family!

Sunday, May 29, 2005

Happy Memorial Day

Steve and I hosted a Memorial Day BBQ today at our house. We kept the guest list to family only. I woke up bright and early to get a jump on cleaning the house and Steve started installing our front porch railings. I took a few breaks to feed David breakfast and lunch. My parents arrived around 2 pm and my Dad went to the A & P for our BBQ fare. David napped while I showered and our guests arrived around 3 pm. We had a beautiful day - not too hot, not too cold and plenty of sun. We ate plenty of appetizers - including Friggin Dip! Then we moved on to Hot Dogs, Hamburgers, Potato Salad, Macaroni Salad and Spinach salad (Aunt Judy made it - YUM!). After a while, Steve made coffee and out came the dessert. There was watermelon, cherry pie, chocolate cake, chocolate donuts and delicious brownies (Aunt Judy brought those). We had our new outdoor fireplace blazing in the evening when the air got cooler. I think everything went really nice. Everyone seemed to have a great time, and we missed all that could not attend. The day was extra special to me because my cousin John brought his girlfriend Michelle. John is more like a little brother to me than a cousin. He holds a special little place in my heart. I was SO excited to meet Michelle and she is awesome. She is absolutely adorable! She fit right in - like we knew her all our lives. The most important thing was how David took to her and he LOVES her. The reason I say that's important is because she is coming to my rescue and babysitting this week. My parents are leaving Tuesday for FL and I had no sitter. I asked John if Michelle would be interested and before ever meeting us, she was! She is fabulous. David loves her and so do I. I am so happy for John and for me! Just for the record, I have to admit, all my cousins have picked perfect partners. We all get along great and genuinely like each other. That is NOT easy to do, especially in a big family like mine. So here's a big Thank You to my family for being the best - I really am a lucky girl and love you all.

1 comment:

Laney said...

Sounds like you guys had a great time! I'm sorry we were not able to come.