Party of 4 - NY sports and beach loving family!

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Teeth

I am a big 'teeth' person. By that I mean I am easily grossed out by bad teeth. I think one of the first things a person sees on another person is their smile - therefore - their teeth. Having said that, I try to take very good care of my teeth. I brush for a LONG time and use mouthwash. I never miss a 6 month check up with the dentist either. I have only had 1 cavity issue and that was when I was pregnant with David. Now, onto my reason for this post. David has been going to the dentist for a few years now and everytime he goes, he has cavities and/or worse. In October he had an absess because of a cavity and had to have a tooth pulled. He was only 4 at the time. Well, today was our 6 month check up and sure enough, he has more problems. One of his fillings is loose and he has a fistula on the gum of another cavity infested tooth. FUN! So, when we get back from vacation, he needs to have that tooth pulled. UGH! He insists on brushing his own teeth and he even uses the kid mouthwash - but he obviously does not do that great of a job. Steve or I need to do a quick brush after he finishes - just be sure. Hopefully that will help when we visit Dr. Lee again.

P.S. Steve HATES going to the dentist so he has not been in almost 5 years - YIKES! You know what this sneaky little wifey did? Yup, that's right...Steve has an appt on the same day he is taking David to have his tooth pulled :)

3 comments:

erin said...

I absolutely HATE the dentist!!! But we all brush, floss and rinse and Caleb had a cavity at his last checkup- I think some people are just more apt to getting them no matter what we do!

Corey~living and loving said...

oh no.....I'm sorry he has to have more work done. but...you are brillant about your husbands appt. :) rock on!

MomMom&Gramps said...

It's time to FIND A NEW DENTIST!!!!! Aside from the initial cavities, David's problems worstened after his cavities were filled. Could those problems be caused by the inadequate dental work? I wouldn't chance it!!
This is your father's opinion ONLY. Your mother doesn't know I am sending this.