Party of 4 - NY sports and beach loving family!

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Trying something new

When I was in highschool I was addicted to tanning. Because I live in NJ, I mostly tanned at a tanning salon. I would spend 20 minutes every other day lying in a pool of my own sweat getting bronzed. I did it again for my wedding and then in 2002. As I stated in my post yesterday, I went to my cousin's wedding last weekend and felt a little too pail. I know going tanning is really bad for you and it does take a few times in the bed to get nicely bronzed, so I tried something new. I made an appointment at a spa near my house to be spray tanned. I went last Friday night at 6 pm. It took about a 1/2 hour to apply and then a few minutes to dry before I could put clothing back on. The woman that sprayed me was great and really knew what she was doing. I did feel a little orange right after - I went to the mall to look for shoes and people were staring. However, after my shower on Saturday the tan looked good. The dress looked much better on tan skin than the white skin I tried it on with. The tan lasts about 4 days, so it is pretty much gone now. I would do it again and recommend it highly. Just make sure you go to a place that knows what they are doing.

1 comment:

Laney said...

I have always wondered how long those spray on tans last! You look great, you don't need a fake tan!